These days kids seem to choose one sport and stick with it for several years rather than trying different sports at a time. Although, this an example of great dedication, this type of continuous, isolated movement can leave your child vulnerable to muscle, bone and joint injuries.
Many sports put the more pressure and strain on a select group of muscles and joints. When you’re child does this repeatedly during sports training it leaves the neglected muscle groups vulnerable to injury.
At FAC we recognize this danger, that’s why we created the Razor’s Edge Fitness Center. This pre-teen fitness facility is designed with a younger body in mind for ages 8-12 years old. Our strength and cardio equipment are identical to adult sized equipment but made for smaller frames. Daily workouts are provided by FAC Personal Trainers and University of Arkansas Exercise Science Interns.
Done properly, strength training can:
- Increase your child’s muscle strength and endurance
- Help protect your child’s muscles and joints from sports-related injuries
- Improve your child’s performance in nearly any sport, from dancing and tennis to football and soccer
- Develop proper techniques that your child can continue to use as he or she grows older
Keep in mind that strength training isn’t only for athletes. Even if your child isn’t interested in sports, strength training can:
- Strengthen your child’s bones
- Help promote healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Help your child maintain a healthy weight
- Improve your child’s confidence and self-esteem
All pre-teen and teens are required to attend an FAC fitness orientation to learn how to use the equipment properly. Parents need to attend the 30 minute orientation with their children.
Razor’s Edge operating hours:
Monday – Thursday 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Monday – Thursday 4:00pm & 6:30pm
Saturday 9:00am & 11:30am
Sunday 1:00pm & 3:30pm